Blender Foundation and the online developers community are proud to present Blender 3.2! In addition, this update includes 11 new features and improvements.
On June 8th, 2022, the latest update of Blender – Blender 3.2 was proudly released Blender Foundation and the online developers community!
New features and improvements include:
- Cycles: Light Groups
- Shadow Caustics
- Cycles: Volume Motion Blur
- Support for Collections in the Asset Browser
- New Curve Pen Tool
- New Paint Tool in Sculpt Mode
- Vertex Colors refactored into generic Color Attributes
- New Duplicate Elements node in Geometry Nodes
- New Envelope Modifier in Grease Pencil
- Enhanced Channels in Video Sequencer Editor
- Animation & Rigging improvements
In addition, EEVEE shaders improvements, support for WebP image format, new experimental OBJ importer, VR, user interface and usability improvements, better multi-threading, node tree evaluation and reduced memory usage in Geometry Nodes, better performance and as always hundreds of bug fixes all across the board.
The highlight of the update, no pun intended, is the new Light Groups feature that modifies the color and/or intensity of light sources in the compositor without re-rendering. Thanks to this new feature, artists can now group collections of lights to use in lighting passes.
Moreover, with Blender 3.2 you can now use Paint in Sculpt mode. According to the Blender team, it is now possible to paint on millions of polygons, taking advantage of the performance improvements. Plus, the new Paint brush comes with a bunch of new settings like tip shape, wet mixing, flow, and density.