NVIDIA Omniverse, a real-time 3D design collaboration and virtual world simulation platform, is now available to millions of NVIDIA Studio creators using GeForce RTX and NVIDIA RTX GPUs.
Now artists, designers and creators can use leading 3D creative apps, simultaneously, to build 3D assets and scenes from their laptop or workstation in a single, seamless, ecosystem.
Omniverse is powered by the NVIDIA Studio platform giving all creators the apps, tools, Studio driver software, and Studio product hardware, to meet and exceed their creative ambitions.
The Omniverse Begins
NVIDIA Omniverse replaces linear 3D design pipelines with live-sync and collaborative real-time content creation.
Artists can collaborate in real time, either between their own multi-app workflows, or with a colleague working remotely in a different location, using different creative apps, to create physically accurate, photorealistic scenes.
Imagine for one moment, the incredible advantages at play.
– This eliminates having to upload and download files between creative apps, as well as sending large files, saving massive amounts of time and system memory.
– No more converting files or having to work in the same application as colleagues, Omniverse leverages a universal format, Pixar’s Universal Scene Description (USD), so as long as Omniverse supports the creative app or Connector, more on this later, you’re good.
– Collaboration with a fellow artist in real-time should spark more ideation and creative ideas, higher quality work completed faster.
See how NVIDIA artist Sir Wade Neistadt brings his multi-app 3D workflow including Epic Games Unreal Engine and Autodesk Maya into Omniverse, leveraging Omniverse Create, using USD files.
Connectors and Apps
Omniverse Connectors enable real-time collaboration in different apps simultaneously, linking popular creative software such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, Trimble SketchUp, Epic Games Unreal Engine 4 and more to Omniverse.
Connectors are like plugins which enable artists to live-sync their workflows – edits made in 3ds Max are instantly made in Omniverse, and vice versa.
Omniverse Apps are a suite of useful tools that help accelerate creative workflows within the platform:
– Omniverse Create — accelerates advanced scene composition to interactively assemble, light, simulate, and render scenes in real-time.
– Omniverse View — enables designers and architects to collaboratively review 3D design projects in stunning photorealism.
– Omniverse Audio2Face — generates expressive facial animation from just an audio source—powered by AI and accelerated by Tensor Cores.
– Omniverse Machinima — enables RTX creators to remix and render animated stories using assets from video games with a suite of AI and RTX-powered tools.
NVIDIA and its partners continue to add more Omniverse Connectors and apps in the coming months.
The Omniverse Expands
Recently debuted features unlock more creative possibilities:
– Omniverse Nucleus Cloud — enables one-click-to-collaborate shares of large Omniverse 3D scenes with one other artist across the globe, without transferring massive datasets, with artist changes reflected in the original file — think edits in a cloud sharing doc — but for 3D.
– Omniverse Machinima — is offering more free characters, objects and environments from leading game titles like Mechwarrior 5 and Shadow Warrior 3, plus Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and Squad assets in the Machinima library.
– Omniverse Audio2Face — added blendshape support and direct export to Epic’s MetaHuman Creator app.
– Leading 3D marketplaces including TurboSquid by Shutterstock, CGTrader, Sketchfab and Twinbru have released thousands of Omniverse-ready assets for creators, found directly in the Omniverse Launcher.
The Omniverse Awaits
The NVIDIA Omniverse platform and its apps are free and ready to download.
Get started by finding inspiration in the Omniverse gallery, and view extraordinary 3D creations, built on collaboration.
Visit the NVIDIA Studio YouTube channel for tutorials on getting started in Omniverse.
Once you’re in, access the Omniverse Showroom app. This enables nontechnical users to experience Omniverse tech demos and experiment with real-time physics and rendering technologies.
And don’t forget to share your creations with #StudioShare and #MadeinOmniverse for a chance to be featured.
Read more news about 3D News here.